A Practitioner’s Guide to the Regulation of Insurance examines the UK and European regulatory regimes and their impact on the insurance industry, providing practical advice for compliance officers and professional advisers. It covers all aspects of the life and non-life insurance industries, from establishment, authorisation and ownership to conduct of business and financial supervision. There is also coverage of reinsurance and friendly societies.
This fully revised new edition includes new content on the Solvency II Directive, the Insurance Distribution Directive, GDPR, Senior Manager and Certification Regime (SMCR), Risk Transformation Regulations 2017 and the impact of Brexit.
- Gives a complete overview of the insurance industry regulatory post FCA/PRA regime
- Updated to take the Solvency II Directive and the Insurance Distribution Directive into account
- Reflects upon the implementation of GDPR and the introduction of SMCR.
- Covers the implementation of the retail distribution review
- Covers the authorisation of UK, EU and overseas insurance companies
- Gives detailed guidance on establishment of branches and cross-border issues
- Covers both life and non-life insurance
- Includes full coverage of the latest progress on Solvency 2 and the implications of the new capital adequacy requirements
- Gives guidance on the regulation of reinsurance business and the Reinsurance Directive
- Covers friendly societies and specific issues affecting particular types of insurance (e.g. motor insurance)
- Covers passporting rights post-Brexit
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.