A Practitioner’s Guide to Directors’ Duties and Responsibilities provides practical advice and guidance for practitioners – company directors and their professional advisers – on the many and varied responsibilities of UK directors. For instance, the title looks in detail at the appointment and vacation of office; powers and liabilities of directors; the latest developments affecting remuneration; and the full range of duties and responsibilities directors are required to follow.
This fully revised 6th edition has been updated to cover the 2018 UK Corporate Governance Code; the Wates Principles; the new reporting requirements in regard to the obligations set out in the Companies Act; the Gender Pay Gap Reporting regime; and many other developments that have recently impacted the work of company directors in the UK.
- Covers the full range of duties and responsibilities of directors
- Gives in-depth guidance on corporate governance issues including coverage of the BEIS corporate Governance reforms, recommendations and their outcomes.
- Includes the steps taken to reach the UK Corporate Governance Code 2018 which came into force on 1 January 2019.
- Details the new reporting requirements, for example in regard to obligations for large companies set out in regard to s.172 of the Companies Act, which have come into force in respect of financial years beginning on or after 1 January 2019.
- Explains application of the Wates Corporate Governance Principles for Large Private Companies published in December 2018.
- Highlights compliance with gender pay gap reporting regime and comments on the latest BEIS consultation regarding the practicalities of implementing the ethnicity pay reporting regime.
- Considers the possible replacement of the FRC following the 2018 Kingman Review.
- Deals with appointment and vacation of office
- Looks in detail at powers and liabilities
- Explains the latest developments affecting remuneration
- Covers the duties of directors facing insolvency
- Includes chapters from some of the foremost company and corporate finance legal practitioners in the UK