Birds’ Modern Insurance Law provides an analysis of the increasingly complex legal rules affecting contracts of insurance – the author aiming throughout to offer a concise explanation of the fundamental principles of insurance law in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Presents a concise yet analytical explanation of the fundamental principles of insurance law, written in a accessible and straightforward manner - Gives students the comprehensive guidance on the law of insurance they need in order to do well in their studies, and provides legal and insurance professionals with a reference guide they can use to look up information quickly
- Covers everything from the history of insurance and regulation through to the various forms of insurance such as life, and liability - Covers everything they need in one easy, lucid book
- Analyses the increasingly complex legal rules affecting contracts of insurance - Ensures readers have a thorough understanding of the rules
Written by Professor John Birds, the acknowledged expert in the field - Readers benefit from the author’s years of knowledge and insight gained from teaching insurance law
- Provides a more distinct treatment of consumer insurance law as opposed to commercial insurance law - Focuses students on the area of law which forms the main part of their course; and which legal and insurance professionals need help with most
This new edition features updates to the previous edition, including details of the forthcoming Insurance Act, assuming no Parliamentary problems, that are set to come into force in 2016.
Transform the way you work, with eBooks on ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the cross-platform app custom built for legal professionals, students and researchers.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
- Search the entire text by keyword
- Jump to related content via hyperlinks
- Add your own notes, bookmark key pages and highlight important passages
- Email, print and share the text
- You don't need to be online to access your eBooks
- Your entire library and personalised features are backed up
Learn more about Thomson Reuters ProView
View titles available on Thomson Reuters ProView
You may only order one eBook per title online; to order multiples of eBooks, contact our customer services team or your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager.