Now in its 16th edition, Muir Watt & Moss: Agricultural Holdings provides a comprehensive and authoritative discussion of the legal principles relating to agricultural tenancies with examples as to how the principles apply in practice, using relevant case law and secondary materials.
With comprehensive treatment of both the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 and the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995, the commentary is supported by appendices including relevant statutes, statutory instruments, non-prescribed forms, and details of statutory forms available online. Importantly, the appendices also contain procedural tables, taking the reader through the steps required in a variety of statutory procedures and applications.
- A definitive work with a strong established reputation – it has been a leading authority since it first published in 1912
- Deals comprehensively with each of the two statutory regimes governing agricultural tenancies – the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 and the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 – and explains which applies
- The principles and case law under both Acts receive full analysis, with explanations of the different types of tenancy and the rules applying to each
- Deals with such matters as tenancy creation, rent review, repairs and maintenance, removal of fixtures, security of tenure, succession, and termination
- Explains the contractual and statutory obligations and rights of both landlord and tenant
- Addresses the key practical issues confronting a landlord or tenant, such as whether fixtures can be removed, whether and if so, how much compensation is available when a tenancy is terminated, how rent is to be reviewed and what happens on death or retirement
- Gives guidance on effective service of notices under each Act
- The detailed procedural tables help ensure the correct procedures are followed and appropriate deadlines in relation to termination, succession, compensation, and variation of rent are met
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.