The Glossary of Legal Terms LawBasics, 6th Edition is an essential reference guide, with straight-forward, precise definitions.
A popular resource for students since it’s first publication in 1946, Stephen O’Rourke’s sixth edition, published in the popular LawBasics series, brings the glossary fully up to date. As well as definitions of terms used in today’s legal practice, you will also find important explanations of words and maxims commonly found in older cases textbooks and legal manuscripts.
New and Updated for the 6th Edition:
- List of common legal acronyms and abbreviations has been fully updated
- Fully updated to take into account the provisions of the Scotland Act 2012
- Extended list of reference titles and useful legal websites
- New and updated terms of Scots law
- Guide to the pronunciation of selected terms
Why you need the glossary of Terms:
- Logical layout means it's quick and easy to use so you spend less time searching
- The most common legal acronyms and abbreviations are featured so you have access to the information you regularly need
- Fully updated so you know the information you're working with is current, valid and accurate
- Lists useful legal websites to help guide future research
- Pronunciation guides for selected terms means you can learn to pronounce words correctly, essential for public speaking