Disclosure provides an authoritative and detailed analysis of the law relating to disclosure, i.e., the process whereby the parties to a legal action disclose to each other all documents in their possession, custody or power relating to matters in question in the action.
- Provides an authoritative and detailed analysis of the law relating to the process whereby parties to an action disclose to each other all documents relating to the action
- Covers both documentary and non-documentary disclosure
- Considers the timing when disclosure should be made
- Examines the granting of Norwich Pharmacal relief and other forms of pre-action disclosure
- Discusses who must give disclosure, including special cases, non-parties and parties joined to an action for the purposes of disclosure
- Considers the issue of privilege and the waiver of it
- Examines the consequences of a failure to comply with the requirement to disclose
- Looks at collateral use of documents, information requests, and expert reports
- Covers disclosure in a wide range of Courts and Tribunals, and the continuing effects of the Human Rights Act 1998
- Remains a key text internationally with material relevant to the Commonwealth, Ireland and the Channel Islands
New material in the Sixth Edition:
The Sixth Edition brings the work up to date. In particular, it covers the important transition from the Disclosure Pilot Scheme to the new Practice Direction for Business and Property cases. It also includes the following cases, to name but a few:
- Cases on redaction, such as TVZ v Manchester City FC Ltd  EWHC 1179 (QB)
- Cases about electronic disclosure, such as Sportsradar AG v Football Dataco Ltd  CAT 37
- Cases dealing with inspection of documents, like Michael Wilson & Partners Ltd v Emmott  EWHC 730 (Comm)
- Cases on experts, such as Pickett v Balkind  4 WLR 88
- Important privilege cases, such as Director of the Serious Fraud Office v Eurasian Natural Resources Ltd  EWCA Civ 2006, WH Holding Ltd v E20 Stadium LLP  EWCA Civ 2652, and R (Jet2.com Ltd) v Civil Aviation Authority  EWCA Civ 35
- Information request cases, including Al-Saud v Gibbs  1 WLR 3082, Vardy v Rooney  EWHC 1209 (QB) and Fairclough v Tasi Ltd  EWHC 2714 (Ch)
- Cases on failure to comply, like Ocado Group Plc v McKeeve  EWCA Civ 145 and Olympic Council of Asia v Novans Jets LLP  EWHC 276 (Comm)
- Cases on access to the court file, such as Cape Intermediate Holdings Ltd v Dring  AC 629
And many more…
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.