Special Damages constitute an important part of most personal injury claims and preparing a schedule of damages is a complex process. Facts & Figures: Tables for the Calculation of Damages makes the entire calculation process quicker, easier and more accurate.
The calculation of past and future losses in personal injury and clinical negligence cases can be a lengthy, technical and complex matter. Facts & Figures Tables for the Calculation of Damages 2021/22 is designed to guide barristers, insurers, solicitors and all levels of the judiciary through the issues that such a calculation can involve. It is compiled with input from many sources, including lawyers, accountants and actuaries, as well as nursing, housing and motoring consultants. Although the most complex cases may still require their own expert evidence, with the aid of Facts & Figures you can calculate:
- Multipliers for future losses for life, to retirement age, from retirement age, for limited periods, or at specified, unspecified or periodic dates in the future
- Net incomes from gross
- Claims for gratuitous care
- Hospital costs
- Interest rates
- Motoring costs in the overwhelming majority of cases
Facts & Figures 2021/22 also contains information and helpful guidance on:
- The full text of the latest version of the (8th) edition of the Ogden Tables, complete with explanatory notes, published in 2021. These contain multipliers at the relevant discount rates for cases pursued in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- An updated section on the valuing of claims for accommodation, following the Court of Appeal’s decision in Swift v Carpenter
- The latest interest rates, tax rates, care rates and average earnings data
- Uplifting periodical payments including the changes in ASHE (6115) from 2002 onwards
- Average weekly and annual earnings statistics
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
- The latest life expectancy data from the Office of National Statistics
- Means-tested and non-means-tested statutory benefits
- Periodic multipliers for assessing recurring future losses
- Splitting multipliers for future losses
- Assessing claims for past care including the latest pay rates published by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services
- Assessing claims for travel and transport, including annual motoring costs
- Hospital and NHS charges
- Assessing claims for Court of Protection and deputyship charges
- Calculating claims for childcare, nannies and foster care
- Assessing claims for DIY, gardening and housekeeping
Now also available online for the first time on Westlaw Edge UK in addition to Thomson Reuters Proview platform as a fully searchable e-book.
All of the tables and information in Facts & Figures are updated annually so you can be sure your calculations rely on the most up-to-date figures available.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: