Hanbury & Martin: Modern Equity provides an up-to-date and modern account of this challenging area of the law. This twenty-second edition of the long-standing work is the third edition under the present editors. The new edition contains rigorous analysis of the latest in case law and academic debate, with strengthened reference to other common law jurisdictions. Modern Equity continues to be unparalleled in breadth of scope and wealth of detail and remains the authority on equity and trusts law.
Features of the twenty-second edition:
- Comprehensive coverage of recent developments, including detailed analysis of key appellate decisions: those of the United Kingdom Supreme Court such as The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation v Attorney General on fiduciaries and administration, Stoffel & Co v Grondona on illegality, and R (on the application of Palestine Solidarity Campaign Ltd) v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on ethical investments; those of the Privy Council in Investec Trust (Guernsey) Ltd v Glenalla Properties Ltd on trustee liability and Webb v Webb on beneficial ownership; and various authorities at Court of Appeal level in the areas of fiduciary duties, proprietary estoppel, dishonest assistance and rectification
- Careful engagement with the application of the law in lower courts across the field of trusts and equity
- Further reference to relevant case law from Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore; and consideration of the position in off-shore jurisdictions
- Discussion of the impact of current legislation relating to trusts, tax and transparency
- Incorporation of legislative developments, including the Civil Partnerships, Marriages and Deaths (Registration etc) Act 2019 and applicable finance and pensions legislation
- Assessment of Law Commission proposals in relevant areas
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.