(formerly known as Company Procedures Precedents
) has been revised and enhanced in light of the new Companies Act 2006. It provides a system for undertaking key corporate transactions, and covers the wide-ranging registration requirements of company legislation.
Company Precedents has been written for the practitioner. It serves as a useful tool in everyday practice and helps ensure compliance with legislation. The checklists, system guides to procedures and hundreds of precedents make up the heart of this work, which comes with an electronic CD-ROM version.
Major changes covered:
- Company Act 2006 reforms
- A review of the newly codified general duties of directors in the Preliminary section, where much other reform is also discussed
- The new draft Model forms of constitution for private, public and guarantee companies
- Precedent constitutions for special types of company spawned under legislation since the Companies Act 1985
- Various articles of association, including for charitable companies, drafted according to the Companies Act 2006
- Precedents suitable for electronic communication
- Precedents tailored to the amended system of re-registration of companies
- Precedents for the new system of administrative restoration
- Substantial enlargement of the section on management of share capital
- Precedents for the new system of limitation of auditor’s liability
- Creditors’ claims for reflective loss
Forthcoming 2018 coverage will cover:
- Revised corporate insolvency coverage
- Examine corporate trustees and LLPs as an alternative to the main corporate structure
- Any precedent revisions necessary to comply with statutory changes.