The White Book contains the sources of law relating to the practice and procedures of the High Court and the County Court for the handling of civil litigation, subject to the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR). These sources are supplemented by substantial and comprehensive expert commentary.
Volume 1 contains the core materials needed for practising in the civil courts – County Court, High Court and the Court of Appeal. It is principally devoted to the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR), Practice Directions and Pre-Action Protocols, together with substantial and comprehensive expert commentary.
- Section A – Full text of the Civil Procedure Rules (and Practice Directions) plus commentary
- Section B – Miscellaneous Practice Directions & Guidance
- Section C – Pre-Action Conduct and Protocols
- Section D – Table of Time Limits
- Section E - Glossary
Volume 2 contains materials relating to special procedures (CPR Parts 58 to 63, and Parts relating to Terrorism), Procedural and Court Guides, legislation and commentary on other, substantive, proceedings (eg. Housing, Business Tenancies, PI, and Insolvency) and commentaries on Contempt of Court, Limitation, Rights of Audience, ADR and Interim Remedies, and other general resources, including jurisdictional & procedural legislation.
- Section A1 – Procedural Guides
- Section 1 – Court Guides
- Section 2 – Specialist Proceedings (Parts 58-63A & Companies Act Proceedings)
- Section 3 – Other Proceedings (Housing, Business Tenancies, Contempt of Court, Human Rights, Insolvency, Personal Injury, Data Protection, Consumer Credit, Discrimination, Directors’ Disqualification, Civil Recovery, European Procedures (Part 78), Prevention of Terrorism (Parts 76, 79, 80, 88), Devolution, Employment)
- Section 4 – Supreme Court of the United Kingdom and Judicial Committee of the Privy Council
- Section 5 – European Jurisdiction
- Section 6 – Administration of Funds, Property & Affairs
- Section 7 – Costs & Litigation Funding (this section now houses the relocated pre-1 April 2013 Costs Parts (Parts 43x to 45x)
- Section 8 – Limitation
- Section 9 – Jurisdictional & Procedural Legislation
- Section 10 – Court Fees
- Section 11-15 – Litigation & Procedural Topics (CPR, Rights of Audience, ADR, Interim Remedies)
The seventh edition of Costs & Funding following the Civil Justice Reforms: Questions & Answers publishes with the White Book 2021. Depending on which format of the White Book 2021 you choose, your free copy will be delivered in the same format: it will be published in print, as an eBook using the award-winning ProView® app, and online with the White Book on Westlaw.