MacGillivray on Insurance Law is the established authority on non-maritime commercial insurance and risk. For over one hundred years it has been a trusted text for providing comprehensive and clear guidance through its examination of the most recent cases and legislative developments.
Covering general principles, particular classes of business and the parties involved, it is a must-have title for anyone seeking advice on insurance law.
This new edition brings you up-to-date with the latest and most significant new case law over the past year, with updated commentary to the text reflecting key developments introduced by Brexit, the FCA test case on business interruption insurance and more.
- Comprehensive guidance on non-maritime commercial insurance and risk through the analysis of cases and legislation.
- Detailed explanation of the general principles and rules concerning commercial insurance, risk, and loss.
- Covers different classes of business including life insurance, personal accident policies, property, motor vehicle and aviation.
- Looks at the parties involved with chapters on insurance companies, Lloyd’s policies and the role of agents.
- Examines the rules on the formation, drafting and termination of insurance contracts.
- Explains the key principles of good faith, warranties and the duty of disclosure.
- Advises on the Insurance Act 2015, the changes to the law and the consequences for disputes concerning the new law.
- Defines insurance and insurable interest.
- Looks at issues of fraud, misrepresentation, and non-disclosure by third parties.
- Outlines how insurance policies are constructed while explaining the meaning of words and addressing inconsistencies in phrasing.
- Covers the rules of payment, renewal and non-payment of premiums.
- Analyses the rights of two or more insurers and third-party rights.
- Comparison of English law with Scotland, the USA and the Commonwealth.
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.