An authoritative guide to this complex topic, offering a clear and comprehensive guide to the equal pay provisions in the Equality Act 2010 and the relevant case law. The Handbook:
- explains what is meant by 'pay' and examines the concepts of ‘like work’; ‘work rated as equivalent’ and ‘work of equal value’.
- describes how the sex equality clause, implied into every contract of employment, works.
- discusses the rules governing the comparison that has to be made in order to get an equal pay claim off the ground
- considers the application of the ‘material factor’ defence, by which an employer can avoid liability if it can show that any pay differential was due to non-discriminatory factors.
- deals with the enforcement of equal pay claims in both employment tribunals and the civil courts.
- covers the rules on gender pay gap reporting and equal pay audits, explaining their impact on employers.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.