This title is the complete information source for professionals with responsibility for managing or advising on the collection, storage, processing or transfer of personal data.
The Encyclopedia of Data Protection and Privacy
contains an unrivalled collection of primary materials relating to data protection, many of which are not otherwise publicly available. These include:
- All guidance notes produced by the Information Commissioner (including earlier guidance notes produced by the Data Protection Registrar and the Data Protection Commissioner)
- Codes of practice covering many different sectors of industry, commerce or the public sector
- International materials - covering European Union documents, OECD documents and other instruments and conventions relevant to data protection
- Statues and secondary legislation
- Cases (including cases before the Information Tribunal and its predecessor, the Data Protection Tribunal, which are not reported elsewhere).
In addition to these primary materials, the Encyclopedia of Data Protection & Privacy
also contains the following extensive commentary:
- Line by line commentary on the statutes
- Case reviews
- Overview of the Data Protection Act and associated legislation.
The Encyclopedia of Data Protection and Privacy is comprehensively overhauling its coverage following the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation with a new commentary section on the GDPR and a related materials section.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.