Asbestos: Law & Litigation is the first comprehensive guide to claims for asbestos-related injury in the UK. It has been written by experienced practitioners involved in many of the leading cases on the subject. The scope of the book is wide-ranging; from the development of knowledge, to the law of damages, with all the legal and practical issues in between. It provides detailed and pragmatic guidance on the difficult technical issues specific to this type of case. It is an indispensable guide for practitioners, students, and anyone with an interest in the history and practice of asbestos litigation.
- A comprehensive survey of the history and use of asbestos
- A critical evaluation of the development of knowledge of the dangers of asbestos to human health
- In-depth analysis of the common law and statutory routes to liability
- A comprehensive examination of the history of statutory regulation of the use and importation of asbestos in the UK
- A study of the damages issues peculiar to asbestos cases
- Unique assessment of insurance and reinsurance issues that arise in the context of cover for asbestos-related illness
- Technical guidance on applications for payments under the DMPS and other schemes
- Cutting-edge analysis of the medical aspects of asbestos-related conditions by Dr John Moore-Gillon and Dr Robin Rudd – the pre-eminent medical experts in this field
- Practical advice on the procedural issues that arise in asbestos disease claims and inquests
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: