UK Competition Regime: A Practitioner’s Guide is the first comprehensive practitioner text on the UK competition regime. It comes at a time of substantial change in the UK’s competition environment, providing an invaluable resource for practitioners needing a clear and comprehensive guide:
- Covers all aspects of competition law. The guide covers of all substantive areas of UK competition law, including merger control, anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominance, criminal cartels, director disqualifications, market studies and investigations, including in-depth reviews of the relevant legislation, agency guidelines, and leading cases.
- Detailed treatment of procedure. Alongside its treatment of the substantive law, the guide covers the UK’s institutional framework, procedural aspects of merger control and antitrust cases before the UK’s competition agencies, private enforcement before the courts, and appellate proceedings.
- Covers recent developments. The guide covers recent developments such as the UK’s departure from the European Union, the application of national security criteria in UK merger control, revised procedures in market studies and investigations, and reforms to the UK’s concurrency regime. It also includes a chapter on anticipated future reforms, such as proposed changes to competition rules in the digital sector.
- Practical and practitioner-focused guidance. The guide is written with practitioners in mind. The author team at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP – a leading antitrust practice that includes former agency officials – has years of experience acting on ground-breaking competition cases before the UK’s competition authorities, tribunals, and appellate courts.
- Overview of the role of economics. The guide contains descriptions of the economic theory that underpins much of UK competition law, as well as a dedicated chapter by RBB Economics on the role of economics (and economists) in competition proceedings before the UK agencies and courts.
UK Competition Regime: A Practitioner’s Guide is set to become the leading text on UK competition law and practice, answering a need for busy practitioners advising on compliance, representing clients before the CMA and other authorities, or acting in competition litigation.
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.