Williams, Mortimer and Sunnucks is a leading authority on the law relating to personal representatives, grants of representation and the administration of estates after death. This new edition has been fully updated to take account of all recent changes in legislation and case law.
- Explains the various forms of probate, including grants where the deceased was domiciled abroad, and limited grants, special grants and discretionary grants
- Provides full coverage of contentious probate procedure and practice
- Covers the devolution of assets and claims on personal representatives
- Deals with the administration of estates, including insolvent estates, with a detailed examination of assets, taxation, and payment of debts, and the powers and liabilities of the personal representative
- Includes full coverage of the rules on family provision
- Looks at administration and other actions, including claims by and against the estate
- Discusses the distribution of assets, including on intestacy
Key new content in this Edition includes:
- Updated guidance on contentious probate procedure, including the new Chancery Guide and rectification of wills
- Increased coverage of the law of intestacy
- Updated treatment of the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, including recent developments on claims by adult children, extension of time, and interim payments
- Consideration of the circumstances in which personal representatives will be authorised to pursue claims on behalf of the estate against beneficiaries
- Updated coverage of taxation of estates and the administration of digital assets
- Recent decisions on remuneration of personal representatives and removal of executors
- New coverage on the process of making online applications for grants of probate and administration
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.