Theobald on Wills provides an unrivalled blend of academic analysis and practical advice on the law of wills. It covers every aspect of the subject, from the fundamental principles of will making to a wide range of practical issues and discussion of the latest case law.
- Explains the fundamental principles of will making, clarifying complex concepts in clear English
- Goes through the general principles of construction and the admissibility of evidence
- Offers guidance on the interpretation of wills and the meaning of words for the purposes of construing wills
- Shows how the courts have interpreted the law through detailed analysis of case law
- Identifies problems which may arise in practice and provides possible solutions
- Offers advice on procedural matters including the resolution of difficulties by court order and mediation
- Covers related topics such as administration of estates and the law of trusts