Powers of Attorney is the definitive work providing clear guidance on the creation, interpretation and use of powers of attorney. Written in a succinct and straightforward manner, it provides everything you need to operate effectively in this complex area of the law.
Beginning with an explanation of the scope of powers of attorney, it goes on to examine the duties of the parties involved, before looking at specific situations in which powers of attorney can be used.
The new edition has been updated throughout to reflect recent developments in case law and legislation.
The 11th edition:
- Clarifies the role, powers and duties of donor, attorney and third parties
- Shows how powers of attorney are used in different situations, including land and companies
- Advises on drafting issues
- Includes precedents and new forms LP1F, LP1H and LP12 on making and registering a lasting power of attorney
- Explains how powers of attorney interact with trusts law
- Covers lasting powers of attorney and examines the key case law since their introduction in 2007
- Reproduces relevant statutes, statutory instruments and rules, so they can be consulted easily