Powers of Attorney is the definitive work providing clear guidance on the creation, interpretation and use of powers of attorney. Written in a succinct and straightforward manner, it provides everything needed to operate effectively in this area of the law. Beginning with an explanation of the scope of powers of attorney, it goes on to examine the duties of the parties involved, before looking at specific situations in which powers of attorney can be used.
The new 11th edition has been updated throughout to reflect recent developments in legislation and case law.
- Clarifies the role, powers and duties of donor, attorney and third parties
- Shows how powers of attorney are used in different situations, including land and companies
- Advises on drafting issues
- Includes forms and precedents
- Explains how powers of attorney interact with trusts law
- Covers lasting powers of attorney and examines the key case law since their introduction in 2007
- Reproduces relevant statutes, statutory instruments and rules, so they can be consulted easily
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.