The global climate emergency and growing nature crisis emphasises the importance of regulating land use. Now publishing in the Greens Practice Library series, Neil Collar’s popular book provides a comprehensive yet accessible introduction to statutory planning controls in Scotland.
This brand-new edition addresses the Planning (Scotland) Act 2019, which has been brought into force in stages with a few provisions still to be commenced and amends the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997. Other updates include:
- The new "development plan" – National Planning Framework 4 and local development plans
- Introduction of regional spatial strategies and local place plans
- New permitted development rights and use classes
- Changes to pre-application consultation procedure
- Changes to environmental impact assessment procedures
- Finney and other court decisions on the section 42 procedure for varying planning conditions
- The Hillside court decision about multiple implementation of planning permissions
- Changes to section 75 obligations, including the Elsick court decision
- Short term holiday lets – introduction of control areas
- Expected to be the first to address the 2019 Act changes
- Written in a practical and user-friendly style by an expert author who understands how the planning system operates
- Helpful explanatory diagrams and flowcharts
Planning 5th edition is an essential text for lawyers, planners, surveyors, environmental
consultants, architects and community councils. Although providing detailed dissection
of planning in Scotland for seasoned professionals, the book also provides a succinct
introduction to the area, working as the perfect tool for either LLB or Diploma students.
Neil Collar LLB (Hons), LLM, Dip LP, LARTPI is a Partner and Head of Planning at Brodies
LLP. He is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Planning Law. Neil is
also on the editorial board for the journal SPEL (Scottish Planning and Environmental Law).
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.