Planning Controls and their Enforcement is a concise, single-volume text which provides a clear introduction to the planning regime and the enforcement process:
- Gives a clear explanation of the concept of development
- Explains when planning permission is required for development and how it is granted
- Outlines the process for making a planning application, matters for the LPA to take into account in considering an application, and the imposition of conditions and limitations
- Looks at the consequences of breach of planning control, including enforcement notices, appeal against an enforcement notice and non-compliance with an enforcement notice, as well as stop notices, breach of condition notices and injunctions
- Explains planning agreements and obligations
- Considers special areas such as buildings of special architectural or historical interest, tree preservation, advertisements, land adversely affecting amenity, hazardous substances, hedgerows, Crown land, and nationally significant infrastructure projects
- Looks at the community infrastructure levy (CIL)
- Discusses appeal procedures
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
Find out more about ProView.
To enquire about ProView subscription options complete the online services contact form.