The Journal of Planning and Environment Law is published monthly, and provides a guide to recent and forthcoming developments in planning law, environmental law, compulsory purchase and related areas. It is widely known as a leading forum for informed discussion and debate on planning and associated issues.
Regular content includes current topics, articles, correspondence, parliamentary and departmental news, case law reports, summaries of cases, ministerial planning decisions and a stop-press bulletin.
A special 13th issue, which is published in December each year, contains the papers delivered at the annual Oxford Joint Planning Law Conference.
Forthcoming issues of the Journal will provide expert commentary on and analysis of the following areas:
- Amendments to EU-derived environmental and planning legislation following the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union
- The revised National Planning Policy Framework (February 2019) and its treatment in the courts
- Revisions to the Planning Practice Guidance (notably to viability and housing needs assessments)
- The Planning for the Future White Paper (2020)
- Progress with the Airports National Policy Statement, following the quashing of the initial APS by the Court of Appeal
- Implications for plan making and decision taking arising from the Air Quality Plan for NO2
- The Welsh Government’s project to develop a new planning code
- The new legislation to facilitate decision taking and plan making in a time of social distancing
A Proview subscription to this journal will also include eBook access to any bound volumes that publish over the subscription period.
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.