Providing complete guidance on the rules governing planning compensation, including both conventional land-use planning and matters of environmental protection, The Handbook of Land Compensation: Law and Valuation:
- Examines the law on all aspects of compensation in detail, with emphasis on the valuation issues
- Gives detailed guidance on the wide range of claims available to owners and occupiers
- Features many full case summaries addressing the more difficult aspects of the law and valuations
- Covers compulsory purchase claims (including disturbance), purchase notices, blight notices and claims for injurious affection under Part I and s. 10 where no land is taken
- Addresses claims in connection with highways and rights over land including access under the countryside legislation, vehicular access to commons, the rules affecting statutory undertakers, minerals and coal mining subsidence, hazardous substances and public works
- Gives you a full examination of claims in connection with planning issues - revocation and discontinuance, stop notices, listed buildings, ancient monuments, trees, countryside and wildlife, restrictions on advertising
- Explains the various valuations required, often with worked examples - how to claim, and what may be claimed
- Includes guidance on estoppel, time limits for claims and proceedings before the Lands Tribunal
- Contains extracts from the relevant legislation including the interest rates that apply after entry
- Keeps you up to date with two Releases a year, including an outline reportage of all Lands Tribunal decisions that are within the remit of the book
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.