Offering comprehensive guidance on the best way to proceed with a personal injury case, Personal Injury Law, Practice and Procedure:
- Provides practical guidance on the tactics and strategies that you should adopt
- Covers all types of cases, including fatal accidents, industrial accidents, road traffic accidents, occupational health and clinical negligence, so you can take on even unfamiliar and complex cases with confidence
- Provides a balanced approach, considering both claimant and defendant viewpoints
- Explains funding options including private funding, CFAs, Legal Aid, Union, BTE and ATE
- Covers limitation, capacity to litigate, restoring companies to the register, and other tricky issues
- Gives detailed guidance on the Civil Procedure Rules from Rule 1 (the Overriding Objective) to Rule 52 (Appeals) and beyond
- Explains management of awards, including lump sums, periodical payment orders, and PI trusts
- Sets out the procedure in chronological order, showing what to do at each stage, and flagging the issues you need to consider
- Ensures that cases you undertake have a high chance of success, setting out how to take on a client from initial instructions and risk assessment to investigation
- Shows how to deal with evidence
- Provides stage-by-stage guidance on preparation for trial
- Deals with Part 36 offers, mediation, ADR and settlement, showing you how to approach the different processes and procedures
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.