This fourth edition of Legal Research Skills for Scots Lawyers is a fully revised guide to legal research skills and sources of information specifically designed for solicitors and students studying Scots law. It provides advice on effective and efficient research techniques for both paper and electronic information sources.
The book is in three parts: Part I deals with the different types of legal information and retrieval strategies; Part II concentrates on electronic sources; Part III covers research skills.
Legal Research Skills for Scots Lawyers 4th Edition:
Also included for ease of reference are:
- Teaches how to identify relevant and authoritative sources of legal information using various search strategies and techniques, including by name, subject, or with incomplete details
- Examines different types of Scottish and UK legal information and explains their respective status and authority
- Develops the ability to evaluate the currency, accuracy and validity of materials
- Discusses the appropriate presentation of legal information
- Focuses on the ever-increasing impact of EU and Public and Private international legal instruments on the Scottish legal system
- A Table of Abbreviations
- A Table of Regnal Years
- An Index of Websites
Please note that the print and eBook publication dates will not always match.