Residential Tenancies is the go-to resource for landlord and tenant law as it applies to housing in Scotland. Its accessibility and all-inclusive content make it a useful addition for legal practitioners, students and housing welfare advisors.
This 4th edition has been fully updated to reflect major legal changes in the private rented sector and includes coverage of the recently introduced private residential tenancy, the default lease in the private rented sector. A detailed exposition on the difference between leases and licences on both sides of the Anglo-Scottish border is also covered.
Further content includes:
- Commentary on the Housing (Scotland) Act 2014 and the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016
- An explanation of the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Transfer of Functions of the Private Rented Housing Panel) Regulations 2016 and The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Housing and Property Chamber (Procedure) Regulations 2016 (both in implementation of the Tribunals (Scotland) Act 2014)
- Considerations of recent developments relating to matters such as deposits, premiums, rent fixing and letting agent regulation
- Case law in relation to the tenancy deposit scheme
- Rules in relation to the safety of private rented accommodation
Peter Robson is Professor of Social Welfare Law at the University of Strathclyde.
Malcolm M. Combe is a Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Aberdeen.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: