This is a looseleaf work which consists of commentary, case summaries, precedents and relevant statutory materials.
Four releases are issued every year ensuring subscribers are kept fully up to date. It covers all aspects of residential tenancies including:
- The law relating to the leasehold enfranchisement of houses under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
- The law relating to individual new lease claims of flats and the collective enfranchisement of blocks under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- The law relating to the statutory protection of lessees on the expiry of a long residential lease
- The pre-emptive rights under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- The right of lessees to manage and management obligations
- The valuation provisions applying to houses under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
- The valuation provisions applying to flats and blocks of flats under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- Security of tenure and rents under the Rent Act 1977 and the Housing Act 1988
- The role of the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and the Upper Tribunal
- Digests of approximately 350 case precedents from the valuation tribunals and the law courts plus further cases referred to in text
- A comprehensive supply of statutory material, forms and precedents including court rules
There is a constant stream of cases on enfranchisement, new leases and the private rented sector which are covered. Recent statutory changes are covered including amendments to existing legislation (such as tenancy deposits and changes to valuation in enfranchisement claims) made under the Housing and Planning Act 2016.
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.