Business Premises: Possession and Lease Renewal provides clear explanation and detailed commentary on how a landlord or lessor can obtain possession of business premises, and how a tenant can oppose such action or renew the lease. Written from the litigator’s point of view, this guide covers a comprehensive range of areas including termination, non-payment of rent, licenses, forfeiture, proceedings for possession and applications for new tenancies.
- Clear explanation and detailed commentary on how a landlord or lessor can obtain possession of business premises and how a tenant can oppose such action or renew the lease
- Takes the practitioner step-by-step through the process, with guidelines on correct procedures to adopt, evidence required, and orders the court may make
- Fully updated with key case law developments since the last edition and how they impact process and procedure
- Reproduces specimens of essential forms, letters, draft pleadings, notices and affidavits and directly refers to them throughout
New to this edition:
- Greater clarity over the contracting out provisions
- Supreme Court guidance on the test for intention in cases under s30(1)(f)
- Cases on tenancies at will, effectiveness of heads of terms in creating new leases, signatures on emails, forfeiture, notices, redevelopment clauses.
- Revised chapter on Electronic Communications Code to take on board a number of developments
Gary Webber is a former practising barrister who now practises full time as a mediator specialising in property disputes. He is an associate member of Tanfield Chambers and for nearly 20 years sat as a Deputy District Judge. Daniel Dovar is a barrister at Tanfield Chambers specialising in real property and leasehold law with an emphasis on landlord and tenant issues. He is a co-editor on the Landlord and Tenant Review and co-wrote Residential Possession Proceedings with Gary Webber
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.