The third edition of Gadsden & Cousins on Commons and Greens maintains its reputation as the leading legal work on the law relating to common land and town or village greens, and has been extensively revised to provide authoritative commentary on the law following partial and phased implementation of the Commons Act 2006.
The new edition contains:
- classification of common land and rights of common
- new chapters on registration in relation to England's pioneer and non-pioneer areas
- comprehensive analysis of historical and contemporary registration mechanisms under the Commons Registration Act 1965
- amendment of the registers under Part 1 of the Commons Act 2006, including correcting errors in the extent of registered land in both England and Wales (identifying which provisions are operative in pioneer and non-pioneer areas respectively)
- ownership of common land and the relationship with the register of title
- full exploration of all statutory provisions for management of common land and greens, including their effect on public access and relationship with controls on works
- detailed guidance on development on common land, including works and exchanges, fencing and occupier's liability
- compulsory acquisition of common land
- establishing commons councils, taking account of the first two councils to have been established in England
- historical registration of town or village greens and their management and use
- full analysis of law relating to registration of new town or village green, taking account of the latest cases in the Supreme Court
- the position in Wales, exploring the differences in legislation and guidance between England and Wales
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.