Tritton on Intellectual Property in Europe offers unrivalled cross-jurisdictional coverage of intellectual property law and rights protection across Europe.
It methodically analyses the law and legislation governing patents, trade marks, copyright, designs and plant varieties to explain how your rights are protected and which remedies are available in the event of infringement to provide:
- Unrivalled depth of coverage of intellectual property law and rights protection at an international, regional and European level
- A thematic approach addressing the law, legislation and regulations governing patents, trade marks, copyright, designs and plant varieties
- Comparison of the European legal position with that of individual nations
The sixth edition – available in print, online and as an eBook – comes at a pivotal time and has been updated with a full review of the effect of Brexit on intellectual property law in the UK. Other new features to look out for include:
- Reviews the Supreme Court decisions in Warner Lambert v Generics and Regeneron v Kymab on insufficiency and plausibility
- Commentary on the CJEU decision in Santen SAS v DGINPI on SPCs
- Chapter 17 includes a new section concerning IPR disputes between employers and employees
- Overhaul of the chapter on Article 102 as to when exercising IPRs may amount to an abuse of a dominant position
- Updated trade mark decisions of ECJ and General Court including those on “evergreening”, “bad faith”, genuine use and second-hand use, and liability of Online Market Operators
- Full analysis of ECJ decisions on “industrial copyright” following Levola; Cofemel and Brompton Bicycle and “communication to the public” right following Peterson v Google and Elsevier v Cyando
- Updates on The Digital Single Market Directive and developments at the UPC
- Analysis of CJEU decisions in Nintendo v Big Ben and Acacia v BMW on jurisdictional issues on enforcement of EU unitary rights
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.