Tritton on Intellectual Property in Europe offers unrivalled cross-jurisdictional coverage of intellectual property law and rights protection across Europe.
It comprehensively and methodically analyses the law and legislation governing patents, trade marks, copyright, designs and plant varieties to explain exactly how your rights are protected and which remedies are available in the event of infringement.
This sixth edition comes at a pivotal time and has been updated to reflect changes resulting from Brexit as well as commenting on key case law decisions at a national level and the most significant ECJ judgments. Written by an expert in the field, this is your guide for clarifying the key aspects of international and EU law as it is applied in Europe.
- Provides unrivalled depth of coverage of intellectual property law and rights protection at an international, regional and European level.
- Adopts a thematic approach to address the law, legislation, and regulations governing patents, trade marks, copyright, designs and plant varieties.
- Compares the European legal position with that of individual nations.
- Addresses not only substantive intellectual property law but also practical subjects such as implementation, licensing, franchising and joint ventures.
- Examines the relationship between intellectual property and the European Union and the different international conventions designed to protect member states.
- Advises on the different kinds of ‘Euro’ defences available to IP actions.
- Looks at the relationship with competition law and its enforcement within the EU, including analysis of the essential components of Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
- Includes a chapter on the enforcement of intellectual property rights and the relevant procedures and remedies available.
- Looks at border controls and outlines intellectual property rights covered by the Customs Regulation.
- Defines dominant position and explains what might be constituted as an abuse.
- Covers issues of jurisdictional provisions and protective measures.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.