Kerly’s Law of Trade Marks and Trade Names has provided clear and authoritative advice on all aspects of UK trade mark law since 1894. Through its mix of insightful commentary and up-to-date analysis of case law and legislation, it has established itself as the leading reference on trade mark law and a must-have title for practitioners. This updated seventeenth edition is available in print, online on Westlaw UK and as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView.
This title provides you with:
- The most comprehensive and authoritative guidance on the law of trade marks and trade names.
- Explanations of key aspects of trade mark law: classification, registration, enforcement, infringement and litigation.
- Detailed analysis of community trade marks, their provisions, extent of protection and procedural matters, as well as the changes introduced by the European trade mark reforms.
- Coverage of issues such as assignment, licensing, merchandising and franchising.
- Outlines the absolute and relative grounds for the refusal of registration.
- Addresses trade mark infringement and available defences including limitations on, exclusions from and statutory.
- Explains the difference between collective and certification marks and highlights their respective functions and regulations.
- Dedicated chapters on trade libel, company names, the internet and the influence of human rights.
- Looks at the related issues of competition law and restraint of trade.
- Discusses the influence of EU law and possible areas of post-Brexit divergence.
New material in the 17th edition includes:
- Commentary on the consequences of Brexit and the Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform) Act 2023.
- Discussion of the extent to which UK courts will depart from pre-Brexit EU case law or will follow / not follow such law post-Brexit.
- The latest and most significant case updates.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.