Copyright and Designs Law provides a complete guide to the modern law of copyright and how it relates to the arts, media and new technology.
Throughout the work the authors examine and assess the provisions of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to guide you through the relevant areas of copyright and designs law. The work also takes account of the growing impact of EU law in this dynamic and fast-moving field.
This looseleaf is updated twice a year to keep you updated with the very latest case law and legislative changes, making it an invaluable resource for anyone seeking clarity on the 1988 Act.
- Covers every area of copyright law
- Explains the concepts of qualification for copyright protection
- Authoritative treatment of copyright infringement with advice on available remedies
- Examines the various alternatives for the registration and protection of designs so the best strategy can be adopted
- Includes all the relevant source material including the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
- Deals extensively with EU copyright law and how this affects practice and procedure in the UK
- Scrutinises the practical and theoretical application of existing UK copyright laws to multimedia and the internet
- Looks at revisions to the scheme for artists’ resale rights
- The availability of injunctions against internet service providers
- Copyright and of the protection of performers of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works
- The legality of the use of decoders of encrypted broadcasts
- The existence of copyright in photographs
- Covers details of the Public Lending Right programme
- Addresses licensing schemes, their control by the Copyright Tribunal, royalties and more
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.