The CIPA Guide to the Patents Acts brings together the expertise of over 30 highly respected professionals including patent attorneys, solicitors and members of the Bar, all individually selected for their expert knowledge.
The 9th edition and the accompanying supplement is an essential tool for any practitioner advising on patents. This must-have guide gives you all the tools you need to protect the rights of your clients.
The following legislative changes and decisions are covered in this Second Cumulative Supplement:
- Legislative changes concerning supplementary protection certificates consequent on the UK departure from the EU.
- T 844/18 BROAD INSTITUTE/Crispr-cas – claim to priority – meaning of “any person”.
- Permavent v Makin  EWHC 467 (Ch) – entitlement.
- Enlarged Appeal Board decision G 1/19 patentability of computer-implemented simulations.
- T 1746/16 CAVATERRA/Method and apparatus for the transfer of a money amount by using a two-dimension image code (allowed).
- Claydon Yield-O-Meter v Murzi  EWHC 1007 (IPEC) – novelty – seed drill prototype tried on a farm adjacent a footpath.
- A Ward attachments v Fabcon  EWHC 2145 (IPEC) – meaning of inventive concept.
- Illumina Cambridge Ltd v Latvia MGI Tech  EWHC 57 (Pat) – skilled team – single molecule, collocation objection – insufficiency.
- FibroGen v Akebia  EWCA Civ 1279 – Markush group of medicament compounds – sufficiency – reasonable prediction/plausibility.
- Emson v Hozelock  EWCA Civ 871 – mindset, hindsight.
- Interdigital Technology v Lenovo  EWHC 2152 (Pat) – date as of which a patent specification is to be construed in a rapidly evolving art.
- IPcom v Vodafone  EWHC 132 (Pat),  EWCA Civ 205 – crown use – equivalents – de minimis infringement.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.