Regulation of Insurance provides definitive coverage of the insurance regulatory regime in the United Kingdom, Ireland and European Union. It gives a detailed examination of the current regulation of insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries, and insurance contract terms. Focusing on the UK and Ireland, with an overview of regulation in EU member states, it offers practical and expert guidance on insurance regulation in two volumes and is updated three times a year.
- Looks at the government regulation of insurers: its purpose and the methods used
- Examines the concept of regulation and the policy objectives underpinning a multitude of national legislative provisions
- Provides detailed coverage of UK insurance company law with particular reference to the current licensing and compliance requirements of the FCA Handbook and PRA rulebook
- Examines the investigatory and remedial powers of the FCA and insurance company insolvency law
- Shows how access to western European insurance markets has been liberalised and progress made towards liberalising insurance markets on continental Europe
- Addresses the regulation of insurance and investment intermediaries in the UK and Ireland
- Covers supervision over common law insurance (and investment) contract terms in both the UK and Ireland
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.