Colinvaux’s Law of Insurance provides you with comprehensive and clear guidance on insurance contract law. This key title takes a detailed look at the following areas: insurance contracts, the different parties involved, and the features of special types of insurance. Part of the Insurance Practitioners Library and now in its twelfth edition, it remains an essential reference on the subject.
This second cumulative supplement continues to update the twelfth edition with the most significant and recent case law, legislative and regulatory developments of the past year.
- Provides a detailed examination of the key principles, rights, and issues of insurance contract law in the United Kingdom.
- Covers three distinct areas: the contract, the parties involved, and special types of insurance.
- Extensive commentary on the construction of policies explaining issues such as risk, utmost good faith, insurance interest, the premium, claims, and loss.
- Addresses the roles of the different parties involved, including intermediaries and the regulatory structure of the industry.
- Looks at nine special types of insurance contract: reinsurance, life and accident, property, liability, third party, motor vehicle, financial, marine, and war risks.
- Sets out the rules governing wording and phrasing.
- Includes a dedicated chapter on the rights of insurers.
- Discusses the insolvency of insurance companies and relevant proceedings, as well as the protection of policyholders.
- Analyses the most important legislation, regulation, and cases.
- Provides an additional international dimension with analysis of significant Commonwealth decisions affecting the English courts.
- Supplemented annually to ensure the text is always up to date.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.