For comprehensive and clear guidance on insurance contract law you need Colinvaux’s Law of Insurance. Divided into three parts, the first section covers the key principles of insurance contracts including terms and conditions, loss and the limits on recovery, causation, subrogation and the notification of claims.
Additional sections focus on the different parties involved and the unique features of special types of insurance contract in the UK, such as liability policies. The commentary expertly examines rights and issues and is supported with analysis of the most recent and significant case law.
The first of the annual supplements updates your thirteenth edition with the very latest decisions and legislative developments.
- Extensive commentary on the construction of insurance policies to help explain issues such as risk, utmost good faith, insurable interest, the premium, claims and loss.
- Addresses the roles of the different parties involved, including intermediaries, as well as the regulation of insurers.
- Looks at nine special types of insurance contract: reinsurance, life and accident, property, liability, third party, motor vehicle, financial, marine and war risks.
- Sets out the rules governing insurance contract wording and phrasing.
- Includes a dedicated chapter on the rights of insurers.
- Discusses the insolvency of insurance companies and relevant proceedings, as well as the protection of policyholders.
- Analyses the most important cases, legislation and regulation.
- Provides an international dimension with analysis of significant Commonwealth decisions that are affecting the English courts.
- Supplemented annually to ensure the text is always up to date.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.