Butler & Merkin’s Reinsurance Law provides you with clear yet detailed commentary on reinsurance law. This two-volume commentary is split into four distinct parts and covers the principles of reinsurance, the terms of reinsurance agreements, losses and claims and general matters.
Your subscription includes three updates every year to ensure you are always current with the key aspects of reinsurance law, from the formation of agreements and scope of liability to specific principles such as utmost good faith, conditions and warranties. This title is also available on Westlaw UK and as an eBook on ProView.
Other features include:
- Looks at the terms of reinsurance contracts and provides guidance on their interpretation
- Covers the nature of reinsurance, its development and regulation
- Addresses losses and liability, as well as the claims process
- Analysis of the latest case law and legislation including changes made by the Insurance Act 2015
- Commentary on the FCA test case litigation concerning Covid-related business interruption insurance policy wordings
- Examines changes to the regulatory and conflict of law rules following Brexit
- Covers subrogation, contribution, reinstatement, and arbitration
- Sets out the US law on utmost faith as it relates to reinsurance contracts
- Considers general matters of assignment, winding up, reinsurance brokers and conflict laws
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
Find out more about ProView.
To enquire about ProView subscription options complete the online services contact form.