The classic text on corporate insolvency law, providing a clear and comprehensive treatment of the fundamental principles underpinning insolvency law, and long relied upon by practitioners and the courts. In this work particular attention is paid to what assets are available for distribution on insolvency, transactions vulnerable to being set aside, and the liability of directors. The core features of liquidation, administration (and administrative receivership), schemes of arrangement and company voluntary arrangements, are identified and explained with reference to practice and underlying policy. This new edition has been thoroughly updated throughout.
- Explores the framework and fundamental principles of corporate insolvency law, a knowledge of which is essential to an understanding of this complex field
- Combines conceptual clarity with a rigorous analysis of the many difficult problems confronting the practitioner
- Provides a comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of key features of increasingly complex insolvency legislation and a mass of case law
- Contains a detailed treatment of the recast EU Insolvency Regulation and of the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations which incorporate the UNCITRAL Model Law
New to this edition
- Analysis of recent developments in the case law, including the Supreme Court decisions in the Lehman ‘Waterfall I’ proceedings, Akers v Samba Financial Group, Bilta (UK) Ltd v Nazir, Re Nortel GmbH, Rubin v Eurofinance SA, BNY Corporate Trustee Services Ltd v Eurosail, and Belmont Park Investments
- Expanded treatment of the anti-deprivation and pari passu rules, in light of recent case law
- Considers changes in the recast European Insolvency Regulation and related recent CJEU case law
- Coverage of the new Insolvency Rules 2016
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: