The new 3rd edition of the Care Act Manual provides a comprehensive guide to the Care and Support Act 2014 which came in force from 1 April 2015. Written in a clear and practical style, the new edition gives easy and up-to-date access to the law governing the provision of care and support services to older and disabled people, and that safeguarding vulnerable adults from abuse and neglect.
- Provides annotation to the Care Act 2014 and over 14 sets of regulations that have been issued under the Act (including the recent amendments made to the charging regulations)
- Sets out fully the legal framework for carrying out needs assessments and the provision of care and support services to older and disabled people, and safeguarding vulnerable adults from abuse and neglect.
- Covers the revised version of the statutory guidance to the Care Act
- Looks at the concept of ordinary residence in the light of the Supreme Court decision in R (Cornwall Council) v SSH  UKSC 46.
- Considers all the significant case law developments since the implementation of the Care Act, as well as decisions by the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
- Provides detailed analysis of when individuals can establish legal rights to services, including the ramifications of the Court of Appeal decision in R (Davey) v Oxfordshire CC  EWCA Civ 1308
- Looks at rights to independent advocacy to represent and support a person going through the adult social care system, as reinforced by the decision in R (SG) v LB Haringey  EWCA Civ 322, the first ever case to be decided under the Care Act
- Documents and considers the implications of the Government decision not to take forward the capped costs system and funding reforms recommended by the Dilnot Commission
- Considers the interface between the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act following the Supreme Court decision in N v ACGG  UKSC 22
- Provides a detailed analysis of the border between health and social care and sets out recent case law developments
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: