The IDS Transfer of Undertakings Handbook takes an in-depth look at the rules governing transfers of undertakings ('TUPE transfers'), explaining the law in this complex area in a logical and clear manner.
- The Handbook discusses the mechanics of transfer, including contracting out scenarios
- Explains who, and what, is covered by TUPE
- Deals with the effect of a transfer on contracts of employment, including employees’ rights to refuse to transfer
- Covers the rules that apply to unfair dismissal in the context of a transfer, including constructive dismissal and ‘material detriment’ dismissals
- Sets out the special provisions governing the transfer of insolvent businesses
- Outlines the common practical issues that can arise in a transfer situation, such as the disclosure of information and the use of warranties and indemnities.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.