A new edition has now been authored of Delict in the Greens Concise Scots Law series. Beginning with an introduction to the law of delict in the context of Scotland’s historic and contemporary legal culture, author Brian Pillans goes on to provide a complete analysis of this area of the law for the Scots student and legal practitioner. He has taken this well respected text from the previous edition by Bill Stewart, maintaining the high quality and in-depth analysis while completely updating and restructuring the content to fit with the law as it now stands.
This title is broad in scope and structured in five key parts, covering:
- Key themes across delictual liability - including parties and remedies
- The relationships between protected interests and specific wrongs
- The law of negligence as it operates in the 21st Century
- Specific liability regimes - including Occupiers, Product and Employers, Liability, Liability for Animals and Liability of Public Bodies
- Generic limitations on delictual liability - covering causation, defences and prescription and limitation of actions