Going through the data protection legislation of over 30 jurisdictions, Data Protection Laws of the World:
- Explains what data can be held, what information can be disclosed, what the subjects' rights are, whether data can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another and what the procedures are for the transfer
- Shows the legality or otherwise of transferring data from one jurisdiction to another
- Explains how to comply with different jurisdictions' data protection laws when transferring data
- Enables the status of the host jurisdiction and recipient jurisdiction's laws to be assessed prior to the transfer of data
- Sets out which authorities have to be informed of intended data transfers and what fees are payable
- Itemises offences relating to data protection, the remedies which can be used and the sanctions which can be imposed
- Looks at the effect of the EU Directive and the standards of data protection it requires of member states and those operating in or with member states.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.