Current Sentencing Practice offers comprehensive guidance and expert commentary on all aspects of the law and practice of sentencing.
- Sets out details of a wide array of offences, setting out maximum sentences, minimum sentences, and any applicable guidelines
- Guides users to the most appropriate sentence for the most common offences
- Details the various sentencing orders available to a sentencing court, setting out the applicable procedure and principles in a logical format
- Re-produces relevant legislation with cross-references, annotations and commentary
- Includes important decisions from the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal (Criminal Division) and the Divisional Court
- Pays appropriate deference to the Sentencing Guidelines, reflecting the approach taken by the courts to offences with/without a definitive guideline
- Three issues annually of Sentencing News
Included as part of your subscription to Current Sentencing Practice, Sentencing News features incisive articles and updates and analysis on legislation and recent cases. It provides an insight into how changes in the law are being received by the legal community, gives you a chance to read the results of research by well-regarded practitioners, and connects you with other great minds working in the same field.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.