The Crown Court Index 2024 provides a guide to common penalties and formalities in cases tried on indictment or committed for sentence to the Crown Court, as well as appeals in criminal proceedings. As with previous editions, the text has been updated to reflect developments throughout the last twelve months and includes helpful commentary to assist busy judges and practitioners.
This edition includes coverage of:
- The latest version of the Criminal Procedure Rules
- The new Criminal Practice Directions 2023. The Criminal Practice Directions along with the Criminal Procedure Rules provide a comprehensive set of rules and directions on all aspects of the criminal process
- The latest sentencing guidelines issued by the Sentencing Council
- All statutory developments from the last twelve months
- Notable recent authorities from the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal
Important updates throughout flowing from the new Criminal Practice Directions 2023. Frequently used chapters also revised and updated:
- Abuse of process (Chapter 2)
- Accused not giving evidence (Chapter 3)
- Appellate Jurisdiction (Chapter 8)
- Bail (Chapter 9)
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.