The comprehensive, authoritative and practically focused work for practitioners working in magistrates’ courts, youth courts and those working within the wider criminal justice sector. The work provides detailed coverage of the criminal jurisdiction of magistrates’ courts and youth courts, together with the growing number of civil orders which complement the criminal jurisdiction. Content is easily accessible, allowing the user to quickly identify key issues and find fast answers to difficult questions. An essential work for all involved in making the system effective: practitioners prosecuting or defending, magistrates, and those responsible for advising them in the administration of the courts. Usable as a stand-alone reference in magistrates’ and youth court proceedings.
As well as all the information you expect, the new edition includes:
- Brand new Model Charges for frequent offences (Chapter 25, Offences against the person), saving you time
- Online Safety Act 2023 and Firearms Act 2023
- National Security Act 2023
- Public Order Act 2023 (new preventive orders added)
- Latest set of Criminal Procedure Rules and Criminal Practice Directions
- References to all new sentencing guidelines
- Consideration of new key cases
- More Quick links to Procedure content
- Updates to sought-after content: Chapter 26 Weapons; Chapter 23 Reconsideration and Appeal; Chapter 34 Offences against public morals, policy and justice
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.