The definitive text on residential and commercial land transactions, Emmet & Farrand on Title provides detailed analysis of the very latest legal principles, practice and procedure relating to acquisitions, mortgages and other transactions affecting freehold and leasehold titles and other proprietary land rights.
- Covers every stage of conveyancing procedures in meticulous detail, from preliminary searches and enquiries through contract to completion and registration, and the legal and practical consequences of breakdown in property dealings
- Provides full coverage of leasehold enfranchisement and statutory protection of business tenancies and long residential leaseholds, as well as routine transactions for selling, leasing, mortgaging and charging freehold and leasehold land.
- Gives detailed analysis of all the latest cases, statutory material and practice directions and procedures
- Deals with all property-related issues likely to arise in land transactions, ranging from co-ownership and trusts, planning, easements, freehold and leasehold covenants and other private and public land rights, to adverse possession, insolvency, estoppel and constructive trusts.
- Provides in-depth discussion of the difficulties likely to arise in practice in land transactions, and their implications
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
Find out more about ProView.
To enquire about ProView subscription options complete the online services contact form.