Barnsley Land Options is a must-have guide which provides practical commentary and analysis on the complex law of options affecting land. Its comprehensive coverage includes options to buy, options in wills, rights of pre-emption, transfer of options, options in leases and remedies for breach of an option agreement. It also covers options and tax including the impact of stamp duty land tax.
First published in 1978, it is a well-established title in the highly regarded Property and Conveyancing Library and is frequently cited in court.
- It provides practical commentary and analysis on the complex law of options affecting land
- Detailed case law analysis
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of land options, considering options to buy, options in wills, rights of pre-emption, transfer of options, options in leases and remedies for breach of an option agreement
- Takes a step-by-step approach, providing an explanation of options, the types of options, creation, assignment, exercise and remedies
- It also covers tax issues such as the impact of stamp duty land tax
- It looks at options created in freehold conveyances, leases and wills and covers both commercial and residential land
- Contains advice on questions of construction, enforceability, the impact of statute, perpetuity, the remedies for breach and the implications of taxation
- Fully covers all key options relating to freehold conveyances, leases and wills for both commercial and residential land transactions such as options to buy, to pre-emption, to renew a lease, to determine a lease and options granted by will
- Sets out remedies for breach of an option agreement and options in the context of prescribed clauses leases
- Looks at both the obligations of the option grantor and the rights of the option holder
- Deals with options and insolvency
- Structured specifically to ease navigation between topics, the book takes the reader step by step through an explanation of options, the types of options, creation, assignment, exercise, remedies and finally an explanation of options and tax
- Experienced and well-regarded authors from Falcon Chambers and Withers LLP
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.