A must-have resource for construction practitioners drafting and negotiating Turnkey and EPC contracts. It enables the users to understand key points when working on dispute cases and gain a thorough understanding of the clauses in the contracts.
- Provides insight and guidance when dealing with EPC-turnkey contracts
- Offers a comparison of the terms of the 2017 Silver Book with the 1999 Silver Book, 2017 Yellow Book and 2017 Red Book
- Takes a practical clause-by-clause approach offering practical commentary and guidance on the new features of the 2017 FIDIC Silver Book including the 30 newly defined terms, improved liability provisions, new triggers for termination, re-written insurance provisions, active contract management approach, re-structured variations clause, enhanced defects notification, commencement, delays and suspensions clause and re-formulated claims and disputes procedure
- Provides commentary on a selection of the latest standard form contracts published in the construction industry other than FIDIC namely the JCT, NEC4 ECC, IChemE, AIA, DBIA, ENAA and ICC contracts
- Features the authors' bespoke EPC-turnkey contract used for tendering a multi-billion dollar expansion of a refinery
- Guides you on what to consider when putting together a case, drafting a contract or negotiating terms with a client from the perspective of both the contractor and the employer
- Considers risk allocation for contracts
- Uses flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate key points
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.