A classic construction law text Keating on Construction Contracts is a first port of call for all research on the history and principles governing building contracts, their practical application and their interpretation by the courts. Renowned for its accessible style, and reliable authority the title covers all relevant legislation and case law, EC law, and the FIDIC, NEC3, JCT Forms of Contracts and ICE Conditions of Contract.
The book offers solicitors, barristers and construction professionals detailed and authoritative commentary on all issues relating to construction contracts and presents in depth practical help in a concise style, discussing legal principles, analysing judicial decisions, interrogating standard forms and interpreting legislation.
The first supplement to the 11th edition updates the book with recent cases and legislation, including:
- The impact of the Supreme Court decisions in Manchester Building Society v Grant Thornton LLP and Kahn v Meadows on the scope of tortious duties and recoverable loss.
- Court of Appeal guidance on Construction of Contracts in Lamesa Investments Ltd v Cynergy Bank Ltd, ABC Electrification Ltd v Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd and Septo Trading Inc v Tintrade Ltd.
- The decision in SK Shipping Europe Plc v Capital VLCC 3 Corp relating to misrepresentation claims.
- Cases relating to frustration and impossibility arising from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Changes in liability for defects arising from the Building Safety Bill 2021-22.
- The effect of the decision of the Supreme Court in Triple Point Technology v PTT on the recovery of liquidated damages in termination cases.
- The decision on causation by the Supreme Court in Financial Conduct Authority v Arch Insurance (UK) Ltd.
- An update to reflect the 2021 ICC Arbitration Rules.
- A new, fuller commentary on the FIDIC forms.
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.