JCT Contracts Discovery has been substantially updated and revised for 2018, providing an improved and more in-depth tool for those in construction education.
Designed for education and training providers, in-house training teams and independent tutors, it provides the materials that students need to gain a comprehensive understanding of JCT contracts and JCT contractual procedures.
The module sets new standards for construction contract education, improving the understanding of contract use and assisting the development of the construction professionals of the future. It supplements a student’s knowledge of JCT contracts and helps to explain their use in context. It can be used alongside the study of specific contract documents to offer a deeper level of understanding.
This revised publication of JCT Contracts Discovery goes further by giving a more detailed description and explanation of the changes made as a result of the publication of the JCT 2016 Edition of contracts, and provides analysis of the JCT Standard Building Contract and JCT Design and Build Contract in particular.
The module is organised so that each section covers a key area of the construction process impacted by JCT’s range of documents.
- Explains the major elements of the JCT suite of contracts.
- Goes through how JCT contracts are set up and implemented.
- Looks at the various roles of individuals including contractors, employers, sub-contractors and contract administrators within the contract process.
- Discusses how JCT provisions deal with administrative matters, such as payment, control of the works, and control of time.
- Can be used as a standalone module on JCT contracts or incorporated into the existing structure of a construction-related course.
- Devised and written by the JCT.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.